By Muhammad Sarwar Khan, Iqrar Ahmad Khan, Debmalya Barh
Applied Molecular Biotechnology: the subsequent new release of Genetic Engineering explains state of the art advances within the swiftly constructing zone of molecular biotechnology, the expertise of the recent millennium. made out of chapters authored by means of top specialists of their respective fields, this authoritative reference text:
- Highlights the most recent omics-based instruments and ways utilized in smooth biotechnology
- Explains how numerous molecular biology applied sciences can be utilized to boost transgenic crops and the way these crops can meet transforming into nutrition and plant-derived product demands
- Discusses chloroplast gene expression platforms, mitochondrial omics, plant sensible genomics, and whole-genome resequencing for crop improvement
- Explores plant–microbe and plant–insect interactions affecting plant safeguard and productivity
- Covers animal types, pharmacogenomics, human tissue banking, and the molecular analysis of ailments resembling cervical melanoma, weight problems, and diabetes
- Examines the molecular elements of viral ailments, creation of business commodities utilizing viral biotechnology, and biotechnological makes use of of magnetic nanoparticles
- Describes using biotechnology within the nutrition, chemical, pharmaceutical, environmental conservation, and renewable power sectors
Applied Molecular Biotechnology: the following iteration of Genetic Engineering serves as a springboard for brand new discoveries in molecular biology and its purposes. hence, this e-book is a useful source for college students and researchers of molecular biotechnology.
Read Online or Download Applied molecular biotechnology : the next generation of genetic engineering PDF
Similar biotechnology books
In Environmental Biotechnology-Principles and purposes, the authors attach the various varied features of environmental biotechnology. The booklet develops the fundamental options and quantitative instruments within the first six chapters, which include the rules. The textual content constantly calls upon these rules because it describes the purposes in Chapters 7 via sixteen.
Bargains sensible examples of bioreactor platforms that use immobilized biocatalysts - together with enzymes and microbial cells - which were carried out at the commercial point in Japan and Denmark. The e-book presents details at the present prestige of profitable new bioreactor applied sciences.
Regardless of the new advances made within the development of crucifer plants utilizing traditional breeding thoughts, the yield degrees and the oil and meal caliber couldn't be enhanced as anticipated. the knowledge of genetic fabric (DNA/RNA) and its manipulation through scientists has supplied the chance to enhance crucifers through expanding its variety past traditional genetic barriers.
This e-book offers a finished evaluation on multifunctional molecular fabrics that contain coexistence or interaction or synergy among a number of actual houses targeting electric conductivity, magnetism, single-molecule magnets habit, chirality, spin crossover, and luminescence. The book’s assurance levels from transition metals and lanthanide coordination complexes to real natural fabrics.
- The medical device R & D handbook
- Natural-Based Polymers for Biomedical Applications
- NanoBioTechnology: BioInspired Devices and Materials of the Future
- Naturheilkunde ist Naturwissenschaft - Gesundheit und Heilung durch das Prinzip Auslese im Turnover der Proteine
- Lean biomanufacturing: Creating value through innovative bioprocessing approaches
Extra resources for Applied molecular biotechnology : the next generation of genetic engineering
1 million hectares under transgenic crops cultivation. Cotton, maize, canola, and soybean are the four commercial crops that have benefited the most from transgenic technologies. Herbicide tolerance and insect resistance are the two most exploited transgenic traits. Transgenic crops harbor these traits either individually or stacked together and farmers select them depending on the requirement. In India, Bt cotton cultivation started at 50,000 hectares with commercialization in 2002 and soon it became popular due to a sharp decline in pesticide requirement and monetary benefits.
Personalized Medicine 2009, 6(6): 603–606. Ning MM, Lo EH. Opportunities and challenges in omics. Translational Stroke Research 2010, 1: 233–237. Novik KL, Nimmrich I, Genc B, Maier S, Piepenbrock C, Olek A, Beck S. Epigenomics: Genome-wide study of methylation phenomena. Current Issues in Molecular Biology 2002, 4: 111–128. Srinivasan BS, Chen J, Cheng C et al. Methods for analysis in pharmacogenomics: Lessons from the pharmacogenetics research network analysis group. Pharmacogenomics 2009, 10(2): 243–251.
Journal of Molecular Endocrinology 2009, 42: 185–190. Lao YM, Jiang JG, Lu Yan. Application of metabonomic analytical techniques in the modernization and toxicology research of traditional Chinese medicine. British Journal of Pharmacology 2009, 157: 1128–1141. , Borgmann S, Liyanage R, Wilkins, CL. ” Trends in Analytical Chemistry 2006, 25(11): 1046–1056. Lunshof JE, Bobe J, Aach J, Angrist M, Thakuria JV, Vorhaus DB, Hoehe MR, Church GM. Personal genomes in progress: From the Human Genome Project to the Personal Genome Project.
Applied molecular biotechnology : the next generation of genetic engineering by Muhammad Sarwar Khan, Iqrar Ahmad Khan, Debmalya Barh