By Jeremy Stocker
Britain and Ballistic Missile 1942-2002 КНИГИ ;ВОЕННАЯ ИСТОРИЯ Издательство: Frank CassСерия: approach and HistoryАвтор(ы): Jeremy StockerЯзык: EnglishГод издания: 2004Количество страниц: 260ISBN: 0-203-30963-4Формат: pdf (e-book)Размер: 3.17 mb fast Ifolder zero
Read Online or Download Britain and Ballistic Missile 1942-2002 PDF
Similar security books
This name offers security features accumulated from specialists in either the government and the personal quarter to aid safe an individual's own info and resources on-line.
Southern Africa has launched into one of many international? s so much bold defense co-operation tasks, looking to roll out the foundations of the United international locations at neighborhood degrees. This booklet examines the triangular dating among democratisation, the nature of democracy and its deficits, and nationwide safeguard practices and perceptions of 11 southern African states.
This booklet constitutes the refereed complaints of the fifth Australasian convention on details defense and privateness, ACISP 2000, held in Brisbane, QLD, Australia, in July 2000. The 37 revised complete papers offered including invited contributions have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from a complete of eighty one submissions.
The two-volume set, LNCS 9326 and LNCS 9327 constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the twentieth eu Symposium on study in computing device safety, ESORICS 2015, held in Vienna, Austria, in September 2015. The fifty nine revised complete papers provided have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 298 submissions. The papers handle matters akin to networks and internet safety; method safeguard; crypto program and assaults; hazard research; privateness; cloud defense; protocols and attribute-based encryption; code research and side-channels; detection and tracking; authentication; regulations; and utilized safeguard.
- Formal Aspects of Security and Trust: 7th International Workshop, FAST 2010, Pisa, Italy, September 16-17, 2010. Revised Selected Papers
- Information Security Theory and Practices. Smart Cards, Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing Systems: First IFIP TC6 / WG 8.8 / WG 11.2 International Workshop, WISTP 2007, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, May 9-11, 2007. Proceedings
- Security Officers And Policing: Powers, Culture And Control in the Governance of Private Space
- Handgun Training - Practice Drills For Defensive Shooting
- Network Hacking: Professionelle Techniken zur Netzwerkpenetration: Professionelle Angriffs- und Verteidigungstechniken gegen Hacker und Datendiebe
Additional info for Britain and Ballistic Missile 1942-2002
9. 50. Collier, Defence of the UK, p. 350. This statement was the origin of the ironic title of David Irving’s seminal work. 51. Irving, The Mare’s Nest, p. 159. 52. Collier, Defence of the UK, p. 350. 53. Hill, Air Operations, p. 5603. The wartime V-2 Experience 29 54. Irving, The Mare’s Nest, p. 174. 55. King and Kutta, Impact, p. 124. 56. , p. 127. 57. Hill, Air Operations, p. 5605. 58. Jones, Most Secret War, p. 543. 59. King and Kutta, Impact, p. 225. 60. Collier, Defence of the UK, p. 402.
116. Oxenham, May and Lee, ‘Measures of Effectiveness’, p. 83, and Collier, Defence of the UK, p. 388. 117. Collier, Battle of the V-Weapons, p. 135. 118. , p. 149. 119. King and Kutta, Impact, p. 245. 120. , p. 245. 121. Jones, Most Secret War, p. 578. 122. Johnson, V-1 V-2, p. 162. 123. Peter Cooksley, Flying Bomb (London: Robert Hale, 1979), p. 162. 124. AIR 2/10201 CMS636 ‘CROSSBOW’ History: Radar Aspect of the Long Range Rocket— Operation ‘BIG BEN’, 21 September 1944. 125. Mike Dean, The UK’s First Ballistic Missile Early Warning System’, Journal of Defence Science, Vol.
The British rebuilt eight V-2s and three of them were test-fired at Cuxhaven in October 1945. The Americans took over 100 rockets back to the United States, as well as von Braun himself. 205 The V-2 became the basis of the Soviet ballistic missile programme. AN ASSESSMENT The significance of the German V-2 campaign has been debated ever since. ’206 Air Chief Marshal Hill, however, believed that ‘the rocket offensive must be regarded merely as a harassing attack. 208 Hill also believed that ‘the A-4 rocket cannot be dismissed as a mere freak.
Britain and Ballistic Missile 1942-2002 by Jeremy Stocker