By J. Larry Jameson
Endocrinology – as basically HARRISON’S can conceal it
A Doody's middle name for 2015.
Featuring a very good compilation of chapters on endocrinology that seem in Harrison’s ideas of inner drugs, Eighteenth Edition, this concise, full-color scientific spouse provides the most recent wisdom within the box sponsored through the medical rigor and authority that experience outlined Harrison’s. you'll find content material from popular editors and participants in a carry-anywhere presentation that's excellent for the study room, hospital, ward, or exam/certification preparation.
- An association that displays the physiologic roots of endocrinology: Pituitary, Thyroid, and Adrenal problems; Reproductive Endocrinology; Diabetes Mellitus, weight problems, Lipoprotein Metabolism; problems Affecting a number of Endocrine platforms; and issues of Bone and Calcium Metabolism
- An very important creation that makes use of quite a few examples of translational learn to hyperlink genetics, phone biology, and body structure with pathophysiology and treatment
- Integration of pathophysiology with medical management
- 108 high-yield questions and solutions drawn from Harrison’s ideas of inner drugs Self-Assessment and Board evaluation, 18e
- Updates and new advancements because the e-book of Harrison’s rules of inner drugs, 18e
- 29 chapters written via physicians who're famous specialists within the box of endocrinology
- Helpful appendix of laboratory values of medical importance
Read Online or Download Harrison's Endocrinology, 3E PDF
Best endocrinology & metabolism books
Over the last few many years, heart problems and diabetes have emerged as significant public illnesses, either as particular scientific entities and as comorbid stipulations. accordingly, the fields of vascular biology and endocrinology are operating extra heavily now than ever ahead of. With chapters by means of well known specialists, Cardiovascular Endocrinology: Shared Pathways and scientific Crossroads emphasizes the substantial physiological interrelationships and scientific correlations among the specialties of cardiovascular drugs and endocrinology.
This publication relies on shows given on the 5th foreign Symposium on dietary points of Osteoporosis held in Lausanne, Switzerland in 2003. even if a frequently overlooked bankruptcy of clinical examine, the dietary affects on bone well-being was once a mentioned subject at this congress. additionally mentioned have been new insights into the position of proteins, supplements, potassium, greens, foodstuff acid load, mineral waters and calcium.
This ebook has been created for sufferers who've made up our minds to make schooling and learn an essential component of the remedy approach. even though it additionally supplies info important to medical professionals, caregivers and different well-being execs, it tells sufferers the place and the way to appear for info overlaying nearly all issues relating to a number of endocrine neoplasia kind 1 (also hyperparathyroidism; MEN1; Sipple's syndrome; Wermer's syndrome), from the necessities to the main complicated parts of study.
Endocrine disruption represents essentially the most arguable environmental problems with our time. Mounting facts stemming from greater than 10 years of experimental, epidemiological and medical reports has reworked the as soon as ordinarily discounted topic of endocrine disruptors into a subject of great crisis not just in the clinical neighborhood yet between society as an entire.
- The Hunt for the Parathyroids
- Diabetes Mellitus Manual
- The Hands-on Guide to Diabetes Care in Hospital
- Clinical Challenges in Diabetes
- Obesity: A Practical Guide
- Type 2 Diabetes, Pre-Diabetes, and the Metabolic Syndrome
Additional info for Harrison's Endocrinology, 3E
Endoscopic techniques with three-dimensional intraoperative localization have also improved visualization and access to tumor tissue. In addition to correction of hormonal hypersecretion, pituitary surgery is indicated for mass lesions that impinge on surrounding structures. Surgical decompression and resection are required for an expanding pituitary mass accompanied by persistent headache, progressive visual field defects, cranial nerve palsies, hydrocephalus, and, occasionally, intrapituitary hemorrhage and apoplexy.
Lesions of the hypothalamic-pituitary region that disrupt hypothalamic dopamine synthesis, portal vessel 32 SECTION I Pituitary, Thyroid, and Adrenal Disorders of breast-feeding. Postpartum galactorrhea associated with amenorrhea is a self-limiting disorder usually associated with moderately elevated PRL levels. Galactorrhea may occur spontaneously, or it may be elicited by nipple pressure. In both men and women, galactorrhea may vary in color and consistency (transparent, milky, or bloody) and arise either unilaterally or bilaterally.
Note: For abbreviations, see text. pituitary imaging detects small clinically inapparent pituitary lesions in at least 10% of individuals. Pathogenesis Pituitary adenomas are benign neoplasms that arise from one of the five anterior pituitary cell types. The clinical and biochemical phenotypes of pituitary adenomas depend on the cell type from which they are derived. Thus, tumors arising from lactotrope (PRL), somatotrope (GH), corticotrope (ACTH), thyrotrope (TSH), or gonadotrope (LH, FSH) cells hypersecrete their respective hormones (Table 2-5).
Harrison's Endocrinology, 3E by J. Larry Jameson