By Edward M. Mone and Manuel London, Ph.D. (Eds.)
Read or Download HR to the Rescue. Case Studies of HR Solutions to Business Challenges PDF
Best human resources & personnel management books
With 40 good established and simple to stick to subject matters to select from, every one workbook has a variety of case experiences, questions and actions to fulfill either somebody or organization's education wishes. no matter if learning for an ILM qualification or seeking to increase the abilities of your staff, great sequence offers crucial options, frameworks and strategies to help administration and management improvement.
There is not any extra severe function for latest human source pros than that of Strategic company associate (SBP). SBPs exhibit competence in lots of methods - via their wondering of consumers, their wisdom of the enterprise, and their skill to translate company wishes into functionality necessities and folks tasks.
M. O. D. E. L. : The go back of the worker highlights the fundamental instruments one must prevail with out ignoring the lighter features of an another way tricky and strained expert setting. It intends to entertain and direct a qualified to seem past what stares them within the face and paintings in the direction of having a genial, synergistic method of the ambience that they've to outlive and thrive in.
Human source administration: the main innovations is a concise, present and jargon-free consultant that covers the most practices and theories that represent human source administration (HRM). The entries, outlined and mentioned by means of a global diversity of professional individuals, are drawn from following components: worker Resourcing worker Rewards worker improvement worker family rising matters absolutely cross-referenced and with feedback for additional examining, this e-book is a priceless reference for college students and execs looking to figuring out extra concerning the what, why and the way of HRM throughout a variety of nationwide, commercial and organisational contexts.
- Signs of Success: The Remarkable Power of Business Astrology
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace: How to Prevent, Investigate, and Resolve Problems in Your Organization
- Critical Issues in HRD: A New Agenda for the Twenty-first Century
- Reinventing Human Resource Management: Challenges and New Directions
- Human Resource Management in Consulting Firms
Additional resources for HR to the Rescue. Case Studies of HR Solutions to Business Challenges
Continued on next page H R to the Rescue 24 T A B L E 1 - 1 (CONTINUED). K E Y FEATURES O F THE C A S E S . Author(s) John, S. Industry Investment banking Business Problem(s) Become a Top 5 investment bank-make fundamental change in the way it does business Human Resource Challenge(s) To initiate transformational change to support Human Resource Processes Performance management based on contribution and competency Formal executive and leadership development process Change Strategy Leader(s) of Change Effort Role(s) of H R Professional Major Lessons Learned by H R Professionals business goal To build a performance-based culture Emphasized support on the individual level for performance and development Senior management team Design and develop new processes Advocate change Get agreement on the business model.
Industry Healthcare products Business Problem(s) Enhance competitiveness through quality, technology, and lower costs Human Resource Challenge(s) To overcome inefficient bureaucratic structure To use people’s time and energy in a more flexible Human Resource Processes Organization redesign Job redesign Employee development Change Strategy CEO announced planned changes and gave people time to understand the changes and adjust New computers and office configurations were established Leader(s)of Change Effort and efficient way CEO Role(s) of HR Professional External consultant Evaluators Major Lessons Learned by HR Professionals Help the CEO become the HR leader.
4. London, M. and Mone, E. M. “Managing Marginal Performance in an Organization Striving for Excellence,” in Human Dilemmas in Work Organizations: Strategies for Resolution. A. K. ), New York: Guilford, 1994. 5 . Hofstede, G. Cultures and Organizations: Software of the Mind. London: Harper-Collins-Hill, 1991. D. Thermo King, a wholly owned subsidiary of Westinghouse, leads the industry in transport temperature control systems. Maintaining this position in today’s highly competitive business world requires that the company sustain high standards of quality, while striving to contain costs.
HR to the Rescue. Case Studies of HR Solutions to Business Challenges by Edward M. Mone and Manuel London, Ph.D. (Eds.)