By Maarten E. A. Reith
Univ. of Illinois, Peoria. deals a accomplished photograph of the characterization of neurotransmitter transporters and their organic roles. prior version: c1997. comprises insurance of imaging, site-directed mutagenesis, and transporter electrophysiology.
Read Online or Download Neurotransmitter Transporters: Structure, Function, and Regulation PDF
Similar physical education and sport books
This ebook is a consultant survey of the present prestige of the constitution, functionality, law and molecular pharmacology of Neurotransmitter Transporters. It offers an summary of insights generated some time past 5 years. the amount serves as an invaluable compendium of present techniques and an inspiring start line.
1999 marks the fortieth anniversary of the inception of the ISTTT symposia. it really is transparent that a lot has replaced within the box of transportation within the final forty years yet during this time the ISTTT triennial symposia have remained the ultimate sequence of meetings in transportation technology. awarded listed here are over 30 papers exploring leading edge suggestions to the research of site visitors and transportation difficulties via use of the versions, tools and analyses either existent and less than improvement.
"TRB detailed file 269 - The Relative dangers of faculty trip: a countrywide viewpoint and suggestions for area people hazard overview" provides a mode to estimate, on a per-mile and per-trip foundation, the relative hazards that scholars face in touring to and from university through strolling, bicycling, using in passenger autos with grownup drivers, driving in passenger autos with teenage drivers, or taking a bus.
A step by step consultant to vacationing and immigrating to the United StatesVisiting and immigrating to the USA could be a advanced and complicated procedure. there are numerous ideas and new strategies, and discovering details you could belief that will get you the visa you would like can look overwhelming. Written through an immigration lawyer, U.
- File for Divorce in North Carolina, 4E (Legal Survival Guides)
- Transport Technologies and Policy Scenarios to 2050
- Sport Psychology (Routledge Modular Psychology)
- Survival Analysis Using SAS: A Practical Guide
Additional resources for Neurotransmitter Transporters: Structure, Function, and Regulation
Paulus, M. , Caron, M. , and Geyer, M. A. (2001) Prepulse inhibition deficits and perseverative motor patterns in dopamine transporter knock-out mice: differential effects of D1 and D2 receptor antagonists. J. Neurosci. 21, 305–313. 36. , Oosting, R. , Jones, S. , Gainetdinov, R. , Miller,G. , Caron, M. , et al. (2001) Hyperactivity and impaired response habituation in hyperdopaminergic mice. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 1982–1987. 37. Meltzer, H. Y. and Arora, R. C. (1987) Genetic control of serotonin uptake in blood platelets: A twin study.
103. , and Caron, M. G. (2000) ATP facilitates dopamine tranaporter activity: Potential implication of P2X receptors. Soc. Neurosci. Abstr. 13. 104. Vaughan, R. , Huff, R. , Uhl, G. , and Kuhar, M. J. (1998) Phosphorylation of dopamine transporters and rapid adaptation to cocaine. Adv. Pharmacol. 42, 1042–1045. 105. Vrindavanam, N. , Ma, J. , Parratto, N. , and Sallee, F. R. (1996) The effects of phosphorylation on the func- 22 106. 107. 108. 109. 110. 111. 112. 113. 114. 115. 116. 117. 118. Ramamoorthy tional regulation of an expressed recombinant human dopamine transporter.
2. NA, K, AND CL IONS: COFACTORS FOR TRANSPORT Like many mammalian plasma-membrane transport systems, the biogenic amine transporters require the presence of external Na+ ions. This phenomenon was observed first for epithelial transporters, such as those for glucose and amino acids (1). The transport of NE into peripheral nerve endings was also found to be Na+-dependent (2), as was 5-HT transport into platelets (3). When synaptosomes were established as an experimental system for studying presynaptic mechanisms, the Na+ dependence of neurotransmitter uptake From: Contemporary Neuroscience: Neurotransmitter Transporters: Structure, Function, and Regulation, 2nd Edition Edited by: M.
Neurotransmitter Transporters: Structure, Function, and Regulation by Maarten E. A. Reith