By Vincent J. Nestler, Gregory B. White, W. Arthur Conklin
Written via prime IT defense educators, this absolutely up-to-date Lab guide supplementations rules of computing device protection: CompTIA safety+ and past, moment version ideas of computing device protection Lab guide, moment version, includes greater than 30 labs that problem you to resolve real-world issues of key strategies. transparent, measurable lab goals map to CompTIA safeguard+ certification examination ambitions, making sure transparent correspondence to rules of computing device protection: CompTIA safeguard+ and past, moment version. The Lab guide additionally comprises fabrics lists and lab set-up directions. step by step, no longer click-by click on, lab situations require you to imagine severely, and trace and caution icons assist you to via almost certainly tough events. Post-lab commentary questions degree your realizing of lab effects and the major time period Quiz is helping to construct vocabulary. ideas of desktop defense Lab guide, moment variation, positive aspects: New, extra dynamic layout and a bigger trim dimension The real-world, hands-on perform you want to move the certification examination and be successful at the activity Lab recommendations at the textbook OLC (Online studying middle) All-inclusive assurance: creation and safety tendencies; common defense ideas; Operational/Organizational safeguard; The position of individuals in defense; Cryptography; Public Key Infrastructure; criteria and Protocols; actual defense; community basics; Infrastructure safeguard; Authentication and distant entry; instant protection; Intrusion Detection structures and community safety; Baselines; sorts of assaults and Malicious software program; email and rapid Messaging; net elements; safe software program improvement; catastrophe restoration, enterprise Continuity, and Organizational rules; hazard administration; switch administration; Privilege administration; computing device Forensics; criminal concerns and Ethics; privateness
Read Online or Download Principles of Computer Security CompTIA Security+ and Beyond Lab Manual PDF
Best security books
This name offers security features accrued from specialists in either the government and the non-public zone to aid safe an individual's own details and resources on-line.
Southern Africa has launched into one of many international? s such a lot bold safeguard co-operation projects, looking to roll out the rules of the United countries at local degrees. This e-book examines the triangular courting among democratisation, the nature of democracy and its deficits, and nationwide protection practices and perceptions of 11 southern African states.
This booklet constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the fifth Australasian convention on details safeguard and privateness, ACISP 2000, held in Brisbane, QLD, Australia, in July 2000. The 37 revised complete papers provided including invited contributions have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from a complete of eighty one submissions.
The two-volume set, LNCS 9326 and LNCS 9327 constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the 20 th ecu Symposium on learn in computing device protection, ESORICS 2015, held in Vienna, Austria, in September 2015. The fifty nine revised complete papers awarded have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 298 submissions. The papers tackle matters resembling networks and net defense; process safety; crypto software and assaults; hazard research; privateness; cloud safeguard; protocols and attribute-based encryption; code research and side-channels; detection and tracking; authentication; regulations; and utilized safety.
- Nmap 6: Network exploration and security auditing Cookbook
- Food Security and Food Safety for the Twenty-first Century: Proceedings of APSAFE2013
- Multimedia Security Handbook
- Stabilization, Safety, and Security of Distributed Systems: 14th International Symposium, SSS 2012, Toronto, Canada, October 1-4, 2012. Proceedings
- The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing: Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing Made Easy (2nd Edition)
- Security and Privacy in Mobile Information and Communication Systems: Third International ICST Conference, MobiSec 2011, Aalborg, Denmark, May 17-19, 2011, Revised Selected Papers
Extra info for Principles of Computer Security CompTIA Security+ and Beyond Lab Manual
Data Offset 4 bits. The number of 32 bit words in the TCP header. This indicates where the data begins. The TCP header (even one including options) is an integral number of 32 bits long. • Reserved 6 bits. Reserved for future use. Must be zero. indd 37 Window 16 bits. The number of data octets beginning with the one indicated in the acknowledgment field which the sender of this segment is willing to accept. 11/17/10 10:39:48 AM Lab Manual / Principles of Computer Security CompTIA Security+ and Beyond Lab Manual, Second Edition / Nestler / 174856-3 / Chapter 2 38 Chapter 2: Network Transports • Checksum 16 bits.
1. As shown in Figure 2-3, Wireshark’s main screen is separated into three sections: • Packet list section Located at the top, this section displays a summary of the packets captured. Clicking on any one of the packets in this section displays more detailed information in the other two sections. indd 41 11/17/10 10:39:50 AM Lab Manual / Principles of Computer Security CompTIA Security+ and Beyond Lab Manual, Second Edition / Nestler / 174856-3 / Chapter 2 42 Chapter 2: Network Transports Figure 2-3 Wireshark after collecting ping data • Tree view section Located in the middle, this section displays in a tree format detailed information about the packet selected in the top section.
At the login prompt, type root and press enter. 2. At the password prompt, type toor and press enter. ➜ Note You will not see any characters as you type the password. Step 2: View the network card configuration using ifconfig. 1. At the command line, type ifconfig –h and press enter. (The information may scroll off the screen. ) 2. Observe how this command was used. ✔ Tip For many commands in Linux, you can type the command and the –h option (help) to get information about the command. To get more detailed information, you can use the manual command by typing man and pressing enter.
Principles of Computer Security CompTIA Security+ and Beyond Lab Manual by Vincent J. Nestler, Gregory B. White, W. Arthur Conklin